10.07.2013

marigolds and tiny tomatoes

the scent of marigolds brings me back to my younger years, when i used to walk through the neighborhoods with my mom and sisters and we would take the seeds from the spent flowers and spread them with the wind. i like to think that some of those seeds have traveled deep and wide, to exotic places and maybe even up to oregon where i now live. i made this piece the other week, inspired by the tiny tomatoes on the vine and the nostalgic smell of the marigold.
{photos by amy w. photo}

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Really pretty : ) and a very good idea for a nostalgic arrangement inside.

katie said...

WOW. I just stumbled across your blog by one of these photos and this is just stunning. I adore marigolds for so many reason, and this arrangement is beautiful. I want to have this in my home forever!

xo

share